THEY FIRST CAME for the Communists,
起初他們(納粹黨人)帶走共產黨員,
And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
我沒有說話,因為我不是共產黨員;
THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
接著他們帶走猶太人,
And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
我沒有說話,因為我不是猶太人;
THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
此後他們帶走工會成員,
And I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
我還是不說話,因為我不是工會成員;
THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
後來他們帶走天主教徒,
And I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
我依然沒有說話,因為我是基督徒;
THEN THEY CAME for me,
最後,他們奔向我來,
And by that time no one was left to speak up.
但此時,卻再也沒有人站出來為我說話了。
-鐫刻於美國波士頓的猶太人屠殺紀念碑,出自Martin Niemöller(1892-1984)。
請先 登入 以發表留言。